A healthy dessert or a nice edition to a breakfast during the winter season! I love baking apples – the natural sweetness is enhanced through the baking process, without the addition of any added sugars!
- 3-4 apples
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. nutmeg
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 lemon
- greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Slice apples in half and scoop out the core. Place in casserole dish
- Cover apples with spices (cinnamon and nutmeg)
- Cut oranges in half and slice lemons. Squeeze juices over apples and leave in casserole dish for baking
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Either enjoy as a dessert as is or add some greek yogurt, milk and ice in a blender for a smoothie!
Nutrition (per smoothie, containing 1 apple, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup milk) Calories: 210 Fat: 5 g Protein: 16 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Fibre: 3 g