A healthy dessert or a nice edition to a breakfast during the winter season! I love baking apples – the natural sweetness is enhanced through the baking process, without the addition of any added sugars!
- 3-4 apples
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. nutmeg
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 lemon
- greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Slice apples in half and scoop out the core. Place in casserole dish
- Cover apples with spices (cinnamon and nutmeg)
- Cut oranges in half and slice lemons. Squeeze juices over apples and leave in casserole dish for baking
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Either enjoy as a dessert as is or add some greek yogurt, milk and ice in a blender for a smoothie!
Nutrition (per smoothie, containing 1 apple, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup milk) Calories: 210 Fat: 5 g Protein: 16 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Fibre: 3 g
Mmmm look so yummy! Hubby and I were really enjoying sliced baked apple “chips” with herbal tea as an evening snack, sadly we got off track after the Christmas holidays. We will try this one for sure! Thanks Nicole 🙂