I was in a hangry hurry to make a meal when I got home after work today and wanted a good meal ASAP. I wanted to also make something that I could bring to work for lunch and maybe have some extra to freeze. What did I come up with? These simple tortilla pizzas.
Ingredients (for one pizza)
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/4 cup of hummus (I used spicy hummus)
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Toppings (I used broccoli and sun dried tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tortilla in either a) a cast iron skillet or b) directly on the rack in your oven.
CAUTION: Do not use a regular baking sheet because the bottom of the tortilla will not get crispy! Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbling (no sooner!) and the edges of the tortilla are lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Nutrition (for one pizza)
Calories: 404 cals
Carbs: 42 g
Fibre: 9 g
Fat: 20 g
Protein: 15 g