This past week has been quite hectic – we moved into a new house! I took this as an opportunity to challenge myself to meal prep without grocery shopping – forcing me to use up the extras lying around in my pantry, fridge and freezer.
This challenge showed me that I don’t always need to always grocery shop for each meal prep, which I was in the habit of. I’m now thinking that I will skip grocery shopping one week each month and will challenge myself that way. How do you think I’ll do? Would you want to try this?
Check out the recipes below and my Youtube channel for the recipes being made in action!
- 2 cups strawberries/mixed berries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1.5 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
- Place strawberries and half your maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Toss well and spread across the bottom of a lightly greased square baking pan.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, flax egg and remaining maple syrup. Stir in the oats and cinnamon. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the oat mixture evenly across the strawberries in the pan. Sprinkle chopped cashews across the top and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Enjoy while it’s hot!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu/tempeh, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Place aside once cooked.
2. Whisk the soy sauce, garlic, maple syrup, and sesame oil together in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Cut the tofu or tempeh into cubes. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture and let marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Pan fry the marinated tofu/tempeh with broccoli on a pan drizzled with avocado oil for 10 minutes, or until each side is browned. Divide mixture on top of brown rice. Enjoy!
Edamame Pasta and Veggies
- 8 ounces dried pasta
- 2 cups edamame
- 2-3 cups frozen veggies
- 1/2 cup garlic dressing
- Add frozen veggies and edamame to a frying pan over medium heat. Saute until thawed.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Top with dressing and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 14 oz block of tofu
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, sauté spinach and sliced red pepper in a bit of avocado oil until the spinach is wilted and the peppers are sightly browned. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine tofu, chickpea flour, water and spices and process until smooth. Stir in the sauted veggies.
3. Spread batter evenly in an oiled quiche or pie pan and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.