It’s back to school time… I can’t believe it! However, this year back to school is looking a little bit different.
This fall, students are expected to bring their own lunch and snacks, as food delivery is prohibited and students will be eating in their classroom instead of the cafeteria. This means that more parents will be looking to pack lunches for their kids this year – which can be a stressor for a busy household! However, a balanced lunch doesn’t have to take a lot of time to pack – let me show you how to pack 3 balanced lunches in record time!
Check out the recipes below and my Youtube channel for the recipes being made in action! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCYWfeVBrgA&t=3s
Smoked Tofu Sandwiches
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz tofu (drained and pressed for 15 minutes, then sliced)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 pieces of rye bread
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup veganaise
1. Heat the avocado oil on a frying pan over medium heat. Add the tofu slices. Flip when the tofu is golden brown on each side. While the tofu cooks, mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, and smoked paprika in a small bowl. When the tofu is done, reduce the heat to low and pour the mix over the top. Cook, flipping occasionally, until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 1 minute.
2. Arrange the ingredients to make a sandwich, just before eating.
Edamame Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces pasta (of your choice)
- 3 cups frozen edamame
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions, adding edamame during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and divide evenly between 4 containers.
- Heat the avocado oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Fry until slightly browned.
- Mix the cooked peppers into the edamame and pasta containers. Top with pesto.
- Bean Salad (4 cups)
- Tempeh – 14 oz
- Avocado Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pan fry tempeh on frying pan over medium heat, until both sides are browned.
- Arrange ingredients in bento boxes. Enjoy!
Creamy Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- Blend yogurt with strawberries and almond milk. Mix with oats and flax seeds. Top with almonds. Let sit for at least 2 hours, or overnight.