How is this the last day of August…already?
This summer/year is flying by – which up until recently, I wasn’t really complaining about. I was sitting here, waiting for 2021 to come so that the world will hopefully inch back towards a sense of normality.
However, a recent family death brought me to the realization that pandemic or not, life is a precious gift. I felt silly for not being in this mindset before, but each day really is not guaranteed. It is up to us to make the most out of each day – regardless of what hand that we are dealt. “Control what you can control” has been a mantra that I will be repeating to myself more often.
Black Bean Red Pepper Burgers
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked)
- 1/3 Cup Red Pepper Dip
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 4 Buns
- 1 head Green Lettuce (Chopped)
- 1 Tomato (Sliced)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Add all ingredients except the buns, green lettuce and tomato to a medium bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, mix all ingredients together. Add more Red Pepper Dip if needed to bind the burgers together.
3. Divide the burger mixture into fourths. Using your hands, form four patties about 4 inches in diameter. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven for 25 minutes, slipping halfway through.
When you are ready to eat the burgers, assemble on buns with toppings which include lettuce and tomato.
Stuffed Red Peppers
- 4 red peppers
- 4 cup 7 Grain Mix
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers (“lids”) and set aside. Scoop out the inside and discard the seeds. Wash the peppers carefully and set aside.
- Divide the 7 Grain mixture between the peppers and place the “lids” on top.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly brown on the edges.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- Red Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 1 head Romaine Hearts (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Organic Salsa (Divided)
- 1/2 Cups Avocado Hummus (Divided)
- 2 Cups Black Bean Salad
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Assemble bowls with sliced red peppers, chopped romaine hearts and SummerFresh Black Bean Salad. Portion out salsa and Avocado for topping.
Mango Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Pre-Made Overnight Oats (SummerFresh)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
- Layer Greek yogurt, SummerFresh Oats and mangos. Enjoy right away or prepare in advance.