As the weather gets colder, I’m craving ALL the comfort food. Pasta, Pancakes and Breakfast Food are my comfort foods – what are yours?
No-Heat, 15 Minute Veggie Bento Lunch Boxes
Looking for an easy, no-head weekday lunch? Look no further than these Bento Box Lunches! Which would you try?
Plant-Based Egg Recipes
Are you looking for some egg-free swaps for your breakfast? I got you! Check out the recipes below.
One-Pan Fall Meal Prep
There is nothing easier than a one pan or one pot meal. One-pot cooking reduces food waste, saves energy and means less washing-up – what is not to love!
My Favourite Plant-Based Soups
I’m listening: you wanted meal prep veggie soups, so you shall receive them! Today I’m sharing my favourite plant-based soup options – perfect for the autumn weather!
Soups don’t have to be a side dish and they also don’t have to complicated! A number of these soups have a bean protein addition, a starch, some fat and lots of veggies. That is your formula for a balanced meal!
Let me know which one you want to try first!
Tomato Pasta Soup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1.5 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup pasta uncooked
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add celery, onions, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, diced tomatoes with liquid, mixed vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Add pasta and cook 8 to 10 more minutes, or until pasta is tender.
One Pot Creamy Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/2 cup white beans
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Once warm, add the oil, onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.Add the butter to the pot.
- Once it starts to melt combine the flour and mix covering the vegetables in flour. This roux mixture will be thick and sticky. Slowly add the vegetable broth, thyme, and rosemary and mix until well combined. Stir the soup frequently until the soup comes to a gentle boil. As the soup heats up you will start to see the soup thicken.
- Combine the peas, corn, nutritional yeast, beans and milk to the pot. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes on low heat or until the peas and corn have warmed. Divide soup into bowls and serve
Sheet Pan Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 head Cauliflower florets only
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 small White Onion chopped
- 4 cups Veggie Broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line 2 sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and cauliflower with 1 tbsp avocado oil and cumin. Spread into a single layer on the prepared sheets. Roast until the veggies start to brown at the edges and the sweet potatoes are tender – about 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 5-7 minutes, until they soften.
- Ad the cooked sweet potatoes, cauliflower and onion in a blender or food processor. Add the veggie stock and blend.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Cauliflower & Apple Soup
- 4 cups Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Cauliflower
- 1 Apple peeled & cored
- 1 Onion peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 cups Veggie Broth
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Add the chopped veggies and the apple to a parchment paper-lined pan and add oil, maple syrup and cinnamon. Roast for 25-30 minutes at 425 F, tossing halfway.
- Add roasted veggies to a blender with 3 cups of veggie broth. Enjoy!
White Bean Tomato Soup
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1.5 cup White Beans cooked
- 6 cups Veggie Broth
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange tomatoes and onion on a single layer on the prepared baking pans. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Add garlic; continue roasting until mixture is tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered.
- Meanwhile, put 1/2 of the tomato mixture in a blender, along with half of the white beans. Cover and pulse 3 times, then blend until smooth, adding hot broth as needed. Pour into the pot with broth. Repeat with remaining tomato mixture and white beans, then stir into the pot until combined.
Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Gnocchi Soup
- 4 Red Peppers Sliced
- 2 cups White Beans Cooked
- 1 Yellow Onion Sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 3 cup Gnocchi
- 1.5 cups Veggie Broth
- 1 cup Plant-Based Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add the peppers, white beans, onion, garlic and spices to an oven safe baking dish (I used a cast iron pan). Place in the oven uncovered, and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
- Meanwhile, add the gnocchi to an oven safe dish, and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Transfer the veggies and bean contents to a food processor or blender. Add the vegetable broth and milk and blend.
- Portion the soup into bowls. Add some gnocchi to each bowl and enjoy!
3 Soups, 3 Ways! (Microwaved Soup!?)
The first reason I wanted to challenge myself to make soups 3 different ways was mainly because I wanted to be able to multi-task and make them at the same time! I’m often meal prepping on Saturdays and Sundays for a few hours so I try to be strategic with my recipes – ie having one more active one, one that requires baking/roasting etc.
Anyways, prepping all of these soups at once worked out so well! Let me know which one you’d like to try!