I’m committing to a new blog post series: Featured Recipes of The Week.
I will, with confidence, place a bet that 95% of you don’t meet your daily veggie quota on a regular basis. This may sounds extreme – but it’s not always that easy to get enough veggies in. Admittedly, I don’t always eat enough veggies everyday… and I’m a vegetarian Registered Dietitian!
My poor friend, Tofu, isn’t always well-liked.
- “The blender is too loud in the morning.”
- “The blender is a pain to clean and I don’t have time to do that.”
- “There are too many ingredients to put together in the blender – it’s chaotic!”
- “I just don’t have time…”
These are all common reasons for why smoothies don’t work in the morning. While all valid, it is a shame that there are so many challenges to getting in a perfectly balanced and super nutrient-rich start to your morning.
There is nothing better than starting your day with a warm oatmeal breakfast. Especially during this winter-like weather we’ve been experiencing in April! Although comforting, is oatmeal always a healthy choice to start your day with? Not always.
When it comes to breakfast, two things I’m always recommending to my clients are:
• Add more non-starchy veggies
• Add more protein