The first reason I wanted to challenge myself to make soups 3 different ways was mainly because I wanted to be able to multi-task and make them at the same time! I’m often meal prepping on Saturdays and Sundays for a few hours so I try to be strategic with my recipes – ie having one more active one, one that requires baking/roasting etc.
Anyways, prepping all of these soups at once worked out so well! Let me know which one you’d like to try!
Are you a soup person? I totally am! This week I wanted to showcase the variety of ways that you can put a soup together. These ended up being a Microwave Soup, Sheet Pan Soup and an Instant Pot Soup!
A super simple minestrone soup done in very little time!
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups mixed navy beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 tsp dried basil
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the carrots, celery, zucchini, yellow pepper and onion. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 9-11 minutes.
Sheet Pan Roasted Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup
There is nothing better than roasted soups!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 head cauliflower florets only
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small white onion roughly chopped
- 2 cups white beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups veggie stock
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, onion and cauliflower with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and cumin. Spread into a single layer on the prepared sheet pans. Roast until the vegetables start to brown at the edges and the sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Toss halfway.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes, cauliflower, onion and white beans in a blender or food processor. Add the veggie stock and blend. Top with leftover veggies.
3 Bean Vegan Instantpot Chili
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups red kidney beans
- 2 cups white kidney beans
- 2 cups black navy beans
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Stir well.
- Secure the lid and move the steam release valve to Sealing. Press the "manual" or "pressure cook" button, and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. The pot will take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before the cooking cycle begins.
- When the cook cycle is over, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. The Instant Pot screen will read LO:10 when the natural release time has passed. Move the steam release valve to Venting to release the remaining pressure in the pot. When the floating valve in the lid drops, it's safe to remove the lid.
- Serve with your toppings of choice. Enjoy!
I’m excited to try the sheet Pan soup any excuse to use the weather on -35 Canada weather haha Thank you!
Yay!! I know, great timing with this cold spell!