Do you ever look at a recipe, become intrigued by the photo…but then become totally intimidated by the number of ingredients listed in the recipe? I know I have.
It might not even be about becoming intimidated by the recipe, but simply not wanting to go out and purchase all of the ingredients on the recipe, if you don’t have them on hand!
That is why this week, I thought I would highlight recipes that are only made made with a handful of ingredients. If we aren’t counting spices (I’m not because my spice rack is usually overflowing with spices!) then all of these ingredients only have only 8 ingredients or less! Totally do-able!
Let me know which one you’d like to try!
Easy Berry Protein Bake
- 3 cup frozen berries
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray the baking dish with the avocado oil spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine with the almond flour, oats, hemp hearts, applesauce and maple syrup.
- Add the mixed berries to the baking dish. Spread the crumble topping on top, in an even layer.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and add yogurt if desired!
Sheet Pan Veggie Edamame
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cups gnocchi
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 cups frozen edamame
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the gnocchi, edamame, tomatoes, broccoli and onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle garlic powder and oregano on top and toss well to combine everything. Make sure everything, especially the gnocchi, is seasoned well!
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once during cook time. You want the tomatoes to be bursting.
Spicy Vodka Pasta
- 2 cups dried whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp vodka
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut milk full fat
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- handful spinach
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cook your pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 a cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a pan over medium heat, saute the diced onion and garlic until translucent, approximately 3 minutes. Then add in the tomato paste, vodka, almond and coconut milk and 1/2 of the red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the reserved pasta water and cooked penne to the pan. Stir until the pasta is coated, adding a handful of spinach in at the end. Serve with nutritional yeast and more salt and pepper as desired.
Balsamic Veggies with Crispy Tofu
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the tofu cubes to a bowl and gently toss with the tamari. Then add the flour and gently toss until the tofu cubes are well coated.
- Meanwhile, Place the vegetables in a separate mixing bowl and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Let the vegetables marinate while preheating the oven.
- Arrange the coated tofu cubes and veggies on separate prepared baking sheets. Bake each sheet pan for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.