I have exciting news – I will be starting a new series on my blog!
I used to be a freelance writer for the Toronto Star (see my past work here) and had a regular segment called ‘Pump My Meal’. I would get readers to submit their everyday eats and then I would modify these meals/snacks to add more nutrition, all while maintaining the taste. My goal would be to enhance the meals in creative ways, but in ways that were attainable and easy.
I LOVED doing these. With the help of my wonderful friend, Chelsea Cross, I will continue to do these for you! Feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com if you want me to pump your favourite meal/snack!
Check out my first pump below for Green Protein Pancakes!
Green Protein Pancakes
Everyone loves pancakes for breakfast; but not everyone loves eating vegetables at this time. Heres how you can enjoy both!
- 1/2 cup quick-cook oats
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese/Greek yogurt
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 splash milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Combine all the pancake ingredients (except the oil) in a blender until smooth, adding an extra splash of milk if it’s too thick.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, brush with oil, then pour out any excess.
- Add 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until little bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Carefully flip with a palette knife and cook for a few more minutes, or until the pancakes are lightly golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and add your favourite toppings.
Calories: 277 Protein: 16 g Fat: 8 g Carbs: 35 g Fibre: 5 g