You know that I love vegetables – roasted, baked, raw, steamed, you name it. But I have a confession to make – sometimes I get tired having veggies those ways. And so do my clients.
Enter solution – finding places in your diet to swap in veggies, where you’d typically be enjoying a carb! I’m talking zucchini noodles and this cauliflower rice. It may not completely fool those veggie take-it-or-leave-its in your life, but it’s a nice way to change up your veggie routine.
This dish is super simple. I mean SUPER simple. What makes it even simpler is if you can find cauliflower already diced! Sadly, I couldn’t find this product for this recipe…but that’s where my food processor saves the day. I just hate cleaning that damn food processor…but life goes on!
Enjoy this dish as an easy weeknight side dish, OR make it into an entree by adding protein. Edamame would go quite nicely with this, or have it alongside some nice honey-mustard glazed salmon…mmm 🙂
Enjoy the recipe video and recipe below!
Cauliflower Veggies Fried Rice
This cauliflower fried rice is so quick and easy to make. It's an easy way to get more anti-inflammatory veggies in, while minimizing carb intake!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen carrots and peas
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 green onions, diced
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and out in food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is the texture of rice.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add frozen carrots and peas to the skillet, until they are heated through (3 minutes).
- Slide the vegetables to one side and scramble eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the veggies.
- Add the cauliflower and soy sauce to the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to bowl and top with green onions. Serve.