The meal prep “theme” was inspired by the fact…that I couldn’t use my stove this weekend!
We couldn’t use our stove because it had to be moved for backsplash tiling to be done (which I had the hardest time picking out – anyone else?) We couldn’t move it back yet, as the tiles were just grouted…but here we are with the perfect oppotunity for a “No Cook Meal Prep Sunday”!
Check out my recipes below and watch me make them on Youtube below!
Italian Veggie Pasta Salad
- 2 cup cooked “ready made” pasta (I love the one by Barilla!)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- Dressing of choice – I chose Italian Dressing
1. Mix all of the ingredients together and top with chosen dressing. Enjoy!
Bento Box with Granola Bars
- Individual hummus containers
- 2 cup crackers
- 2 cup sugarsnap peas
- 2 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup almonds
- 1.5 cup oats
- 0.5 cup dried fruit
1 .Portion hummus, crackers, snap peas and carrots into bento box.
2. To make the granola bars, first process the dates in a food processor, for about one minute.
3. Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
4. Warm maple syrup and almond butter in a bowl, placing it in the microwave for 45 seconds to one minute. Remove from the microwave. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
5. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish. Press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
6. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars
Avocado Bean Sandwich
- 8 smaller slices of Rye bread
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 2 cups of white navy beans, rinsed and rained
- Green leaf lettuce
1. Mash the white navy beans in a bowl with a potato masher. Mix in guacamole and chopped red onion. Store topping in a seperate container and assemble on rye bread with green leaf lettuce, just before eating. Enjoy!
Berry Overnight Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups greek yogurt/dairy free yogurt
- 2 cups frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup almonds
1.Mix the oats, chia seeds, almond milk, greek yogurt together and top with the frozen berries and almonds. Enjoy!.