Busy weekends sometimes call for a frantic Sunday trip to Farm Boy! I definitely have my mandatory list of Sunday activities, which upon completion, make me feel ready to take on the week.
However in the summer there are some many more fun weekends activities going on, which sometimes get in the way of me completing Sunday prepare-to-conquer-the-week activities! I mean, you can’t say no to Sunday bike rides with friends, in addition to beach Saturdays and patio Fridays…
I chose to do a mad dash to Farm Boy this Sunday, after swallowing the fact I would forking out the extra $$ in exchange for the convenience of having a few meals readily prepared for the week. During my frantic fiesta at Farm Boy, I came across these beautiful rainbow carrots in the reduced produce section and snatched a bundle up for less than $2! I was keen to create a recipe with them because 1) I’ve never had rainbow carrots before 2) I needed to use them quick and 3) I was excited for the eye-candy-worthy Instagram photos I could produce with them!
The recipe I made with them is SUPER simple. I bet you have everything in your house to make this already. You don’t have to use rainbow carrots, but why not jazz up the prone-to-being boring part of your dinner that the picky eaters in your life love to hate!
Roasted Rainbow Carrots + Vegan Garlic Sauce
A colourful way to spice up half of your plate!
- 20 medium rainbow-coloured carrots
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt (or Greek yogurt if not vegan)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F. 2. Cut the carrots in half length-wise. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven for about 45 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached.
- To make sauce, mash garlic into a paste (salt helps to add a little traction to the garlic and makes it easier to mash) with fork or potato masher. Mix well into yogurt then add remaining ingredients.
- Once carrots are done roasting, remove from oven and let cool. Drizzle garlic sauce over carrots as desired.
Nutrition (for 1/6 of recipe)
Calories: 118 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 23g Fibre: 6 g Protein: 5 g