My goal is to create new recipes each week for you. However, sometimes I do fall into a writers block/ creative block! This is when I turn to takeout meals for inspiration.
You may be surprised by how quickly these takeout-inspired meals come together. Yes, the advantage to getting a takeout meal is that you don’t to cook, but you actually may not be saving much time – by the time you order it, drive to get there etc!
I hope these meals will entice you to try them for yourself at home! Grab all of the recipes below.
Crunch Wrap Supreme
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups veggie ground beef/beyond meat
- 1 package taco seasoning
- vegan queso/similar dip I like this recipe https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-mexican-cheese-three-ways/
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- cheese/vegan cheese
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat your veggie ground beef/beyond meat with a bit of water, and taco seasoning until heated through.
- Meanwhile, ensure all your veggies are chopped, and you have your queso dip ready.
- Add a slit in the tortilla between the 1st and 4th quadrants. Add lettuce and tomatoes to the first quadrant, vegan queso to the second, cooked veggie ground round/beyond meat to the third quadrant and vegan cheese to the fourth. Fold the wrap up, starting from the bottom left quarter, folding it up over the top left, then folding it over to the top right, then folding it down to the bottom right.
- Enjoy as is or grill in a panini press or pan. Enjoy!
Tofu Rice Paper Wraps
- 14 oz block of tofu medium firm. Press the tofu before using
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 1 small cucumber julienned
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage julienned
Almond Satay Sauce
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- Prep the tofu. Slice into large rectangles, place in a small saucepan, that is sprayed with oil. Panfry over medium heat, until all the sides are lightly browned.
- While the tofu is frying, mix together the soy sauce, maple syrup and avocado oil. Add to the tofu, once done frying. Place aside.
- Next, prep the satay sauce. Soften the almond butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Place all the ingredients in a small bowl. Then blend using a fork until smooth. You might need to add another 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture if needed.
- Lastly, assemble the wraps. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip the rice paper wrapper into the water until you feel it start to soften (15-20 seconds). Place the wrapper on a damp towel. On the bottom third of the wrapper, place a small amount of carrot, cucumber, and red cabbage, then top with tofu. Roll it up: fold the two small sides up (like a burrito), then gently pull the bottom of the roll up and over the filling (tuck the filling in using your hands). Repeat with the remaining wrappers and fillings. Serve the rice paper rolls with the satay dipping sauce.
Roasted Red Pepper and Black Bean Burgers
- 1 tbsp Flax Seed
- 15 oz Cooked Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper From a Jar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Make a flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flax seed with 3 tbsp of water. Let this set for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, microwave black beans for 1 minute, or until softened. Add roasted red peppers, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and flax egg. Mash until black beans are finely mashed. Add flour and mix until thoroughly combined. Using a ½ cup (120 ml) measuring cup, portion 5 patties from the mixture. Place onto a lightly greased parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve burgers with your favourite toppings!
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 Medium Bananas Frozen
- 1 cup Frozen Mangos
- 1 cup Frozen Pineapples
- 2 cups Frozen Kale
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more milk if it’s too thick. Serve and enjoy.