Historically, I’ve always leaned towards having a sweet tooth. However, as life goes on, I seem to be leaning towards salty a bit more. What gives? Is this was happens once someone they get past their 30th year of life?
Anyways, I wanted to showcase two snack recipes that I’ve been loving recently that are both sweet and salty. They are both super easy to make….like super easy. One is a 5 Minute Microwave Mug Cinnamon Roll (what?!) and the other are they delicious High Protein & High Fibre Garlic Crackers.
Let me know which one wins the “Snack-off” for you!
5 Minute Microwave Mug Cinnamon Roll
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour2 tbsp
- ripe, mashed banana
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- In a bowl, combine the oat flour, mashed banana, 1 tbsp almond butter and baking powder for the cinnamon roll dough. Mix until a dough forms. Place dough onto a floured surface and roll out into a long rectangle.Mix together 1 tbsp almond butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Top dough with mixture.
- Roll up into cinnamon roll form and place in a ramekin. Microwave for about 1 minutes.In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and protein powder to make icing. Drizzle icing over cinnamon roll and nom it up! You’re gonna enjoy it SO much.
High Protein & High Fibre Garlic Crackers
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet and press down evenly into a thin layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then use a spatula to carefully flip over and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!