Hi friends! I’m excited to share my new kitchen gadget with you: my Air Fryer! Do you have one? Let me know!
Today I create plant-based recipes using it – check it out 🙂
As always, I’m showing how I made these recipes on my Youtube channel here:
Sheet Pan Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 cup chickpea flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (445g)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy vanilla yogurt (90g)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF
2. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry.
3. Whisk everything together to create a batter. Lumps are okay. The batter will be airy which means light and fluffy pancakes!
4. Pour the batter onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and smooth it out using a spatula.
5. Add optional toppings of your choice.
6. Bake at 400ºF for 25-35 minutes. Poke the center with a toothpick to test doneness.
Air Fryer Tofu Bites and Sweet Potato Fries
- 14 oz Extra-firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs/ oats
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into fries
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- celery for serving
1. Press tofu for about 30 minutes.
2. While tofu is pressing, prepare the coating. Combine the chickpea flour, garlic powder, and salt. Add in little water and make a thick batter. The coating should be the consistency of pancake batter.
3. Cut the tofu into sticks or into nugget sized pieces. Coat the tofu with rice flour then in the chickpea flour batter Coat it with the panko breadcrumbs or oats.
4. Arrange the coated tofu in a single layer in the fryer basket, working in batches as needed. Spray oil on the tofu.
5. Place CrispLid trivet in the inner steel pot of pressure cooker and put fryer basket on the trivet. Set CrispLid on top of inner steel pot and plugin. Set to 400°F (200°C) and cook for a total of 15 minutes. Turn them after 7 minutes until browned and crispy. Repeat with remaining tofu.
6. Put the Air – fryer tofu in a large mixing bowl and toss with the buffalo sauce to coat. Serve immediately with celery and sweet potatoe fries (instructions below)
Sweet Potato Fries
1. Place the fries in a large bowl, then toss well with the arrowroot starch, avocado oil, garlic and paprika.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 360ºF. Arrange half of the fries into a single layer, then cook them at 360ºF for 10 minutes. When the fries are golden on the outside and feel tender on the inside, they are ready to serve. Set the cooked fries aside, and cook the remaining batch as directed above.
One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup quinoa
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes
Tofu Scramble with Potatoes
- Mini potatoes (pre-packaged if needed)
- 8oz (~220g) Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Avocado OIl
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Soy Milk
- Sliced peppers
1. Cook potatoes according to package directions.
2. Mash the tofu with a fork but leave some nice big chunks.
3. Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, paprika, dijon mustard, garlic powder, black salt and onion powder to a bowl. Then add the soy milk and whisk it in so you have a nice sauce.
4. Add the avocado oil to a frying pan and heat until hot. Add the tofu and peppers and fry it until lightly browned, being careful not to break the tofu up too much when moving it around the pan.
5. Add the sauce and fold it in. Fry it until you’ve achieved desired consistency, the tofu will absorb the sauce so you can have it as wet or as dry as you like.
6. Combine with potatoes when they are cooked. Enjoy!