One of your top requests were for more budget-friendly meal preps – so here you are!
I generally find that plant-based eating is more budget friendly, compared to a omnivore diet. That’s if you stick to a whole foods, plant-based diet. Those faux meat alternatives can add up!
Instead, stick to beans and tofu for protein and save money with frozen fruit and veg.
You will see the prices for a serving of each of these recipes – does this surprise you at all! Let me know!
Sheet Pan Mexican Veggies
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, cumin, oregano and paprika.
- Placed sweet potato, zucchini, pepper, onion, beans and corn on pan in an even layer. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spices. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
Tofu Stir Fry
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoons oil. Add tofu and let cook until golden on all sides, turning occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes.
- In another large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoons oil. Add frozen veg and cook until they start to brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- While the tofu and veggies are cooking, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, water, brown sugar and cornstarch. When tofu is done cooking, add the majority of the sauce to the tofu pan, tossing to make sure all the tofu is evenly coated. Add any extra sauce over the veggies.
- Layer the tofu and veggies over the rice. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Veggie Chili
- Place peppers, onion,spices, broth, tomato sauce, and rice into Instant Pot. Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing). Cook using the manual button (make sure it’s set to high pressure) and set the timer on the Instant Pot to 8 minutes.
- Flip the valve to “venting” for a quick release. Turn Instant Pot off and stir in beans and corn. Enjoy!
Lentil Pasta Salad
- Combine the pasta, spinach/arugula, lentils and cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Divide into 4. Combine the rest of the ingredients as the dressing. Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Enjoy!