I appeared on Global Toronto with Jennifer Valentyne today, talking Healthy Camping & Picnic Swaps! Below are the featured recipes:
Chickpea Veggie Pasta Salad
A fresh, light, Italian-inspired pasta recipe perfect for a summer dinner.
- 2 cup dry macaroni pasta
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Italian dressing
- whole almonds for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Mix together the veggies, chickpeas and cooked pasta.
- Top with Italian dressing before serving.
Build-Your Own Burrito Bowl
A great family meal, perfect for customizing!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of black beans
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- Combine any combination of the above. Top with guacamole and sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!
A delicious and light dessert, perfect for a Build-Your-Own dessert
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 watermelon, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla together until combined.
- Mix together sliced almonds, oats and cinnamon.
- Spread cheese mixture onto slice of watermelon. Top with oat mixture. Top with other toppings, if desired.