Okay, I’m a huge fan of snacking on sweet things. Fruit to candy – you name it! Maybe I eat with my eyes more than I think and it’s the colours that draw me in…
However, I decided it was time to branch out and go for a mix of sweet and savoury… but still colourful and light!
Check out what I came up with: A combination of sweet, roasted beet chips with a flavourful spicy yogurt dip!
I created this recipe as part of #MySiggisChallenge, where Canada’s freshest recipe creators and Registered Dietitian’s will compete to create the most original recipe using Siggi’s Skyr yogurt.
Why Siggi’s? Siggi’s skyr yogurt contains: 100% real ingredients, real fruit (and not flavouring), not a lot of sugar, is high in protein and is made with 100% Canadian milk. My philosophy when it comes to choosing foods is to go for items that have the least amount of ingredients possible. Siggi’s products don’t contain any preservatives, thickeners, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours, or artificial colours. All the flavours and colours come exclusively from the real fruit or vanilla bean they use. Awesome!
I’ve been enjoying this dip as part of my mid-morning snack. It’s super easy to put together and will have you craving it for days to come! It’s rich in protein which keeps me satiated and will also pack a calcium punch, helping to keep my bones strong.
Beet Chips With Curried Yogurt Dip
A flavourful healthy dip paired with crispy and sweet beet chips.
- 1 cup 0% Siggi’s Icelandic-style Skyr yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprkia
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 medium beets
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Thinly slice beets with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible.
- Divide between two baking sheets and lightly drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Then arrange in a single layer, making sure the slices aren’t touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch closely past the 15 minute mark as they can burn quickly.
- While chips are cooking, combine yogurt and remaining ingredients; stir well. Serve dip with beet chips.