This pineapple obsession has taken me to another level this summer.
It looks like others are quite into pineapple lately though, too! I posted a meal prep photo on my instagram last week with this recipe, and I got so many requests for it. If you ask, I will deliver!
This dish will serve as a filling main course. We know we’re not satisfied fully after a meal of fried rice. The addition of edamame will bring some nice protein and healthy fats, and that pineapple will add some fibre and a kick of enzymes to help with digestion. You won’t be experiencing that uncomfortable post-meal bloat with this one!
If you’re looking for an easy dish to impress your pool party guests, or just a way to add some colour to your normal meal, look no further!
Pineapple Veggie Fried Rice
This super simple recipe is perfect for anytime you're looking to impress your dinner party guests, or are just looking for a colourful entree to change it up!
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 cups edamame, thawed
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 whole pineapples
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Add the rice and edamame to the veggie mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice, edamame and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
- Meanwhile, slice the pineapples in half and carve out the inside of the pineapples. Cut the inside of the pineapple into square chunks. Add the pineapple to the rice mixture.
- Add the rice mixture into the carved out pineapple. Serve and enjoy!