I always encourage my clients to have a few go-to dinner ideas for when they’re in a crunch during the week. Ideally, these meals should be:
- able to be made in under 30 minutes
- use less than a total of 10 ingredients
- make use of common kitchen ‘staple’ ingredients
- be loved by the whole household
This recipe satisfies all of the above! Check out my recipe video, along with the plain ol’ recipe below 🙂
Parchment Salmon Hearts
A satisfying and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper and fold in half. Draw a half a heart on one half, as shown in the above video. Cut out this heart shape.
- Place salmon in the middle of the parchment heart. Layer with veggies, dill and lemon.
- Make small, tight, overlapping folds down the outside edge to close the packet. Twist tail end to seal.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Once cooked, let it cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!