If you’re finding that you have no time for breakfast in the morning … well this is where that excuse stops. These little guys are quick, wholesome and a tasty breakfast solution! Make a batch on sunday, have a couple for your morning meals throughout the week and freeze some for another time!
INGREDIENTS (Yield = 12 large ‘cups’)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 whole eggs
- ½ cup egg whites
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- grating fresh nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat a 12- large cup muffin pan with cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Drizzle large skillet with olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic and bell pepper and continue cooking for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Throw in spinach leaves and toss gently until completely wilted, about one minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add whole eggs, egg whites, fresh thyme and nutmeg. Beat the eggs until fully incorporated and slightly frothy. Add spinach mixture, sun dried tomatoes and Feta cheese.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin. Do not fill the cups more than ¾ of the way to avoid spillage.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes, until eggs are set and top starts to color.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before removing frittata from cups.
NUTRITION – per frittata bite
Fat – 6 g
Carbohydrate – 4 g
Fibre – 1 g
Protein – 7 g