Okay, you may have seen the ‘Tortilla Trend’ trend on social media already. Have you tried it? It’s super easy! They’re supposed to resemble something that you would order at Taco Bell.
Now, I won’t be bringing you one that is EXACTLY like Taco Bell’s, version. I wanted to bring you a plant-based version instead!
Let me show you how to do this Tortilla Wrap Trend!
How to wrap hack
1. Lay your tortilla out on a cutting board. Take a knife and make a cut from the middle of the tortilla down to the edge.
2. Imagine the tortilla being divided up into four quadrants or quarters. Place a different ingredient into each quadrant.
3. Fold the wrap up, starting from the bottom left quarter, folding it up over the top left, then folding it over to the top right, then folding it down to the bottom right.
4. Enjoy as is or grill in a panini press or pan.
Plant-Based Tortilla Wrap
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups veggie ground beef/beyond meat
- 1 package taco seasoning
- vegan queso (I like this recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-mexican-cheese-three-ways/)
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- vegan shredded cheese
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat your veggie ground beef/beyond meat with a bit of water, and taco seasoning until heated through. Meanwhile, ensure all your veggies are chopped, and you have your queso dip ready.
- Add a slit in the tortilla between the 1st and 4th quadrants.
- Add lettuce and tomatoes to the first quadrant, vegan queso to the second, cooked veggie ground round/beyond meat to the third quadrant and vegan cheese to the fourth.
- Fold the wrap up, starting from the bottom left quarter, folding it up over the top left, then folding it over to the top right, then folding it down to the bottom right.
- Enjoy as is or grill in a panini press or pan. Enjoy!