I have to admit, although I love cooking, baking isn’t something I’ve gotten into to or done much of. While we are gathering only with out households this year for the holidays, I thought I would step up to the plate and do some holiday baking myself!
Everything that I made here is freezable ( I will be keeping everything in the freezer until the holidays) and plant-based! You may be surprised by the healthy twist on some of your favourite classic holiday dishes. Think cashew cheesebake bites…banana “nice cream”…and vegan donuts filled with nuts and dates! Oh my!
I will be coming out with a second blog post with these additional recipes. Check the recipes out below and watch me make them on Youtube!
- 2 cups of non-dairy/Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 once of melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Mix together yogurt, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate until there are no lumps at all and it is one uniform colour.
- Spread thin(about a ½ inch thick) on a parchment lined sheet pan lines with parchment paper.
- Next, add the pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries and slivered almonds and freeze for at least 3 hours. Break up the frozen slab into pieces and enjoy!
Avocado Nice Cream
- 1 cup frozen avocado chunks
- 14 oz canned coconut milk
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a high-speed blender, add the frozen avocados. Scoop out the solid part of the coconut milk into a blender and save the liquid part to use in another recipe (like a smoothie). Add the banana, maple syrup, lemon juice and peppermint extract. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Raspberry Banana Nice Cream
- 1 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- In a high-speed blender, add frozen bananas, raspberries and non-dairy milk and blend. Occasionally scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth (approximately 3 to 5 minutes). Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.