Are you tired of pumpkin recipes? I’m sure not! In fact, I’m always looking for ways to use up my extra canned pumpkin puree. I hope you get some ideas here with my favourite pumpkin recipes!
– 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 teaspoons avocado oil
– 15 oz pumpkin puree
– 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
– 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
– 1 block of firm tofu
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in avocado oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, coconut milk and thyme.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the tofu ricotta. Add the block of drained tofu, lemon juice and nutritional yeast to a blender or food processor for about 15 seconds, until the consistency is similar to ricotta cheese.
3. Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in an 11×7-in. Baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 3 noodles (noodles will overlap slightly). Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup tofu ricotta and 1/3 cup vegan mozzarella. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
4. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting..
Pumpkin Puree Overnight Oats
– 2 cups rolled oats
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 2 cups almond milk
– 2 cups greek yogurt/dairy free yogurt
– 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 cup pineapples, frozen
–1/2 cup pepita seeds
1. Blend pumpkin puree and pineapple in blender, with a bit of water, until smooth.
2 Mixed the oats, chia seeds, almond milk, greek yogurt together and top with the pumpkin puree and pepita seeds. Enjoy!.
Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
A delicious, guilt-free fall treat.
- Chickpea Macaroni (dry)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1.5 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook brown rice macaroni as per the directions on the package. When finished cooking, strain and run under cold water immediately to prevent from overcooking.
2. Meanwhile, heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the milk is steaming, whisk in the arrowroot until all clumps are gone.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Turn down to low heat and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5-6 minutes.
4.Pour the pumpkin sauce over the macaroni and mix well. Divide into bowls and enjoy! .
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
– 2 cup oats flour
– 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 4 large egg
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with avocado oil. You want to make sure that your skillet is very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
2. Add all ingredients except for baking powder and blend until batter becomes smooth. Add baking powder last and blend for a few more seconds until fully incorporated.
3. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, drop batter onto hot skillet and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for about 2 more minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet with oil between each batch.