A snack is always complete with a crunchy and sweet apple treat! Today I’m showcasing three simple apple recipes, that help to control your sweet tooth!
This post was developed in partnership with Ontario Apple Growers and Produce Made Simple. Ontario apples can be enjoyed all year round and really are the perfect snack – no prep work required! However, these three snacks that I have here don’t take any time at all to make. Which one would you try?
Yogurt Apple Donuts
- 1 Apple (I used honey crisp)
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- Seeds & Dried Fruit
- Cut your apples in slices, then use a corer or knife to make a circle cut in the centre.
- Mix yogurt and almond butter together. Spread a layer of the almond yogurt as your ‘frosting’.
- Top with seeds & dried fruit!
Apples Dipped in Chocolate Hummus
- 1.5 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 Apples (I used royal gala) sliced
- In a blender or in a food processor, combine all the ingredients except water and apples, using just 3 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup.Puree until the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time to create the desired consistency.
- Taste the chocolate hummus and add remaining maple syrup if desired.
- Dip your apples in the hummus and enjoy!
Air Fryer Apples
- 2 Apples I used Ambrosia
- 1.5 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
- Preheat the air fryer on 350F.
- Cut apples in half through the stem and use a knife or a spoon to remove the core, stem and seeds. Brush a tsp of avocado oil evenly over the cut sides of the apples, then sprinkle over ½ tsp of cinnamon.
- Mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl, then spoon on top of the apple halves evenly.
- Place the apple halves carefully into the air fryer basket, then cook for 15 minutes or until softened.