Looking for a delicious lasagna that is plant-based, high in protein, loaded with veggies and doesn’t give you that sluggish feeling afterwards? I have the answer for you with this Loaded Veggie Lentil Lasagna!
I’ve partnered with Explore Cuisine for this post. I’ve used their legume pastas for years and have been recommending them to my clients as well!
Check out the recipe video and recipe below!
Loaded Veggie Lentil Lasagna
A lasagna so delicious that wouldn't know that it was healthy and vegan!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces of spinach
- 3 cup of prepared marinara sauce
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- one box of Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagne
- vegan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To prepare the veggies: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the bell pepper, zucchini and onion. Cook, stirring every couple of minutes, until the veggies are golden on the edges, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add a few large handfuls of spinach. Cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach has wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach and cook until all of the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Next, prepare the tofu ricotta. Add the block of drained tofu, lemon juice and nutritional yeast to a blender or food processor for about 15 seconds, until the consistency is similar to ricotta cheese.
- Spread ½- 1 cup marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9” by 9” baking dish. Layer 3 Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagna noodles on top (snap off their ends to fit, and/or overlap their edges as necessary). Spread the tofu ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles. Top with 1/3 of the veggies then ¾ cup tomato sauce. Repeat this sequence 3 times, ending with marinara sauce and vegan cheese.
- Wrap a sheet of parchment paper around the top of the lasagna. Bake, covered, for 18 minutes, then remove the cover, rotate the pan by 180° and continue cooking for about 20 more minutes, until the top is turning spotty brown.
- Remove from oven and let the lasagna cool for 15 to 20 minutes, so it has time to set and cool down to a reasonable temperature.